I’ve been living in Malaysia for 13 years. I’m 21 now, you do the math.
Earlier this week, I bought my first ever one-way ticket back home. Long story short, I’m getting kicked out of the country and I don’t know when I’m coming back. I know I will, but I just don’t know when.
So, I’m moving back with my grandma, sister, and 4 cats on the first week of January. As I carefully curate my path of becoming that lonesome, internet-less, crazy cat lady in Bandung, I thought to myself that there’s so much more I have yet to do in KL.
I knew I was leaving since last year and ever since then, I’ve compiled a list of things that I needed to get done to complete my Malaysianized experience. My to-do list grew, but honestly it will never be as much as my to-eat list.
I’ve summarized the list of both worlds and made this bucket list. From mid-December onwards, I’m planning to cross these things off:
- Visit the Islamic Arts Museum + Masjid Jamek (the actual mosque, you guys)
- Take a day trip to Ipoh with the KTM Express Train
- Watch a gig at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Do a walking tour of Brickfields and finally try that kickass goreng pisang
- Visit the Husky Cafe at Hartamas
- Swim at Aloft’s pool and sip some Mai Tais
- Eat salted caramel everything for a day
- Get my brunch on with Fancy Breakfast Club
- Dress up for a fancy ass dinner with my friends
- Take a killer shot of the KL city skyline and ‘gram the hell out of it
- Cross off my to-eat list with my favorite friends/new friend(s)
If you wanna help me cross off any of these, please holla at your girl! Hit me up on Instagram. You could be my number 11! I promise I won’t eat off your plate and I’ll take a real good #ootd shot of you. (For references, contact me.)
Help a third culture kid accomplish her goal! Send in your recommendations that may just be the cherry on top of the completion of her Malaysian experience to email@example.com.